Continuity of Nova Rex

Status
Not open for further replies.

666 PUDDIN

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 16, 2019
The main website has been restored. Over the coming days access to subsystems and database connectivity will have to be reconfigured.

I am currently receiving quotes from hosting companies in order to boot up the game servers as soon as possible.

Further updates will be posted in this thread.

Members who have donated for VIPs/CS admins can expect their status to be extended for three months when the game servers have been restored.

666 PUDDIN

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 16, 2019
Initial message of April 12th 2020

To all members,

Sadly, change has come to Nova Rex and not for the better. One of our administrators has decided to leave with several members in order to start a business.
The goal is to make money by using the Nova Rex game servers to host for profit, as they have been doing for a while now.
Planning to use this community as a means of advertisement and for them to earn "a couple hundred" per month, I have turned down their offer and chosen not to walk this path. In turn they decided to lock/take our servers.
Each of us have to make their choice on whether they will simply find another community to play on or to use this opportunity and help Nova Rex rise to the potential that it really has.

In order to preserve and improve the quality of the servers (and in extend the community), going forward compromising this potential for profit will never be accepted.

Because of how this change happened, one administrator locking out the other, I have suspended all staff functions for now.
All staff has been contacted to decide whether or not they will be staying during this change that could very well bring Nova Rex to an end.
Their support can get us back up and running and that determination will be valued.

Anyone else who wants to help, don't hesitate to let me know.

I expect all servers to be restored within two weeks. This time is needed, since the infrastructure of servers and connections between them has to be build up from scratch.

Thanks for reading and hopefully your patience

Status
Not open for further replies.